It is important that the steps below are followed and that update compatibility is secured prior to making any update. AN UPGRADE CAN NOT BE REVERTED!
Before you upgrade
Make sure you have
- Your ReaderPen Secure
- A micro-USB cable
- A computer (MAC, Windows or Linux)
- Current ReaderPen Secure software version
Go to Settings/System Information/Version and check Software version
Each upgrade may take 5-20 minutes to complete.
If upgrade fials - read the upgrade troubleshooting guide.
|Current firmware version||Internal memory requirement||Upgrade|
Upgrade to 7.4.03 available
Upgrade to 7.4.03
Current version MUST be 7.4.01
Download: 7.4.03 upgrade file
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Power up ReasderPen Secureand connect it by USB to your computer.
- Use nav-buttons and select U-Disk. Press OK button to confirm.
- Locate your unzipped upgrade file on your computer and copy sysdict.BIN and updatesys_7.0.107.BIN to your ReaderPen Secure.
- Eject ReaderPen Secure disk from your computer and detach the USB cable.
- On LingoPen, navigate to Settings/Software upgrade.
- Press OK button to select and use nav button to select YES and press OK button again.